Monday, April 20, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

Kailey-On Monday we celebrated her 7th birthday. We can't even believe how fast time has gone by. We are so blessed to have her as part of our family. She has turned out to be such a sweet girl who loves her family very much. She is the one who always makes Lucy laugh when she is sad and Hudson always wants to be where she is.






Lucyism-We have 2 great Lucyisms for you this week. Last Friday while my Mom was still here, this is the conversation Alyssa has with her:

Lucy-Grandma, have you ever had a brain fart?
Grandma-Yes, have you?
Lucy-Yes
Me-Lucy do you know what a brain fart is?
Lucy-Yeah, it is when your brain farts!
How can you not love that child

#2-Yesterday
When Lucy got home from school, she was asking me if I could put her hair in a side-ponytail and curl it like I have done in the past. Well it just so happens that my hair was in a ponytail and curled yesterday so I said, "Sure, kind of like how mine is today?"
Lucy-Oh, I didn't know your hair was curled, I just thought it was messy.
Thanks sis, I am glad I actually took time for myself today, just to look messy:)


Last but not least, Hudson
Still into everything. Thanks to all of you who recommended cabinet locks, I thought of it, but don't want to go through the hassle when we are going to be moving in a little over the month. Guess we just deal until after we move. Oh well, I have to get exercise in somehow, right?
Other.....when my Mom was here we stopped by to visit the SA Temple. It is such a beautiful Temple and maybe even one of my favorites. Also Beth kept wearing my apron and talked me into making one for her. I must say, I think it turned out pretty darn good for not having a pattern and having to piece it together myself.

5 comments:

emily said...

2 things.... i LOVE that she just thought your hair was messy! ha! so... PLEASE tell me you had on elastic pants and boots?!
and second... great job on the apron. (my birthday is coming soon.... well, kinda. jk!)
why no pictures of you?!!!

The Bergquist Fam said...

happy bday kailey! love alyssa's comments! and way to go on the apron, way cute!

WendyandRyan said...

Happy birthday kailey!! I totally want an apron!!!! Maybe this could be a side business??

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

She is such a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday!

Abbey said...

The apron turned out really cute and I like the fabric bethany decided on. I love Kaileys birthday shirt too. You really need to start your own business on the ideas you have!