Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We're going like crazy


Wow, spare time to do little things has been few and far between since Chris came home. If we haven't been busy with projects around the house, we have been out of town. Now with school starting in just a few weeks, we are trying to slow things down a bit and get back to a semi-normal schedule. Here are a few pictures from our trip to Colorado. The trip was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed spending time with my family but now I find myself having to hold Hudson a lot! I don't think he was put down once while we were there ;-) but I am glad that my family was able to enjoy him for the short little while.
The girls enjoyed our MANY trips to the pool, a trip to Elitch Gardens (used to be a Six Flags), surfing on Auntie Ashley's pillows, movie night outside, watching Chris, Grandpa Auston and Uncle Ryan play baseball, watching a training burn with the fire department, a trip to Chuck E. Cheeses, birthday celebrations, spending time playing with Mr. Mason and much, much more. Alyssa and Mason are only 1 year apart and they were quite the pair. They were little pals the whole trip. Kailey enjoyed spending time reading or hanging out with Auntie Bethaney and Auntie Ashley. When not spending time with the family, Chris enjoyed spending time shoveling rock, rock and more rock. However, he did manage to break away from shoveling rock and filled-in on my dad's baseball team where in typical Chris fashion he managed to amaze us all with a few circus catches. I got to have the chance to have a lot of help with the kids, began working out again, enjoyed making a Filipino dinner which included freshly rolled Lumpia, Pancit, Bibingka and of course rice.

Chris taking a break from all the rocks

"Surfing USA"

"3 Amigos" by Auntie Ashley

Cool Cat Alyssa

Cool Cat Kailey


Alyssa, Mason and Kailey at the practice burn

My Mom and Hudson

Cousins and their Backyardagins
Grandpa and the Grandkids acting silly

Auntie Ashley posing with Hudson

Auntie Bethaney eating a snack with her Nieces and Nephew

Chris and Mason at Chuck E. Cheese

Ryan with the two little buddies Alyssa and Mason

the 3 Amigos at Elitch Gardens

Rolling Lumpia with my brother

7 comments:

WendyandRyan said...

I was wondering where you have been!! I have been waiting for an update...yes, I could of called but who has time for that?? :) I will call soon, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

Abbey said...

I love lumpia! Yummy. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. We are glad you are back and hopefully things will start feeling back to normal soon...and hopefully Hudson lets you put him down for a second!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Vacations and Family are the best!!!I am glad that you guys had a good time and that you are home safe!!!

Nicole Howard said...

Yay...you are back and we are kind of getting back into our hanging out schedule!! I guess I should just plan on never seeing you in the summer eh?;)

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like that a fun family vacation. It is always nice to get away for a while and your kids look like they had a blast.

emily said...

wouldn't be an auston family trip without the rice and lumpia... (whatever that is). which makes me hungry for adobo! anyway- glad you guys had fun. kailey's hair is getting so long! and i love how serious chris is on the motorcycle game! just wondering... did he wear his board shorts to play baseball in???

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

that is funny that you mention the board shorts. when we posted the blog he wanted me to post a picture of him playing just for you. he wasn't wearing board shorts or even all black for that matter. he even had white athletic socks on. you would be proud. he really is a changed man!!