We made it. Chris finally made it home. We were all so relieved that he made it home safely. The girls have not been able to stop talking and smiling since he got home. It is such a relief to see their little sweet spirits back. Having daddy away really was hard on them, but now that he is back they seem to be quickly getting back to their old selves. Chris was finally able to meet Hudson in person, which was such a blessing. They are quickly bonding, and I must say it is a relief to have some help in the middle of the night with him. I was so blessed with so many great friends who kept me entertained as well as took care of us while I had all the drama with the pregnancy. I was also blessed to have my mom and sisters come out to help for 6 weeks! I would have been lost without them. Thank you to everyone who put up with us, feed us, took care of us, or was just there to be a listening ear while I felt overwhelmed. I wouldn't have made it through these past months without you. I am so blessed to have such great people in my life.
the girls waiting for chris at the airport

chris and the kids

chris and i, so nice to have him home

chris getting to know his new son

chris and the kids, they just can't get enough of him
17 comments:
Way to make me cry. I am so happy you guys are reunited. What a happy time!!
Finally he's here! So glad he made it back okay. Wish he would do a blog on his adventures, or is it too top secret? ha ha ha! Cute background too, by the way.
Yay!!! Welcome home, Chris! We are so glad you are safe. Enjoy the family!
Sarah, you are a champion! Darryl is on a tough rotation that is only a month long and I'm wondering how I'll survive. Then I have to remember that my sister-in-law is always showing me up and puts me to shame in the single-but-married-parent category. Glad you guys are reunited and it feels so good!
i hope having a son is everything he always hoped it would be :) congrats to ending your singledom!
Welcome home Chris!! I'm sure the kids aren't the only ones who are having their spirits lifted. We are so happy for all of you.
Welcome home Chris!!! I'm so glad you guys are all back together and Chris is home safely! The girls look so happy, as do you Sarah! I know Hudson is happy to meet and have his daddy around!! You guys look great!! Love you all!!
hey guys, it didn't hit me until i looked at you all together as a family, then the waterworks started. i am soooo glad that you are back safe and sound chris. i love you and your little family. i am so glad that you have all that you wanted, and that you will have that through eternity. talk to you soon!!
I am so happy for all of you! What a difficult thing for any family to endure, and to have a new baby at the same time...I really admire your positive attitude. I hope things get back to normal quickly!
I am glad he is home safe and to see his cute family.
Welcome home Chris! That post made me cry, I'm so glad that you made it through and you're all back together again!
Welcome home! We're so glad EVERYONE is safe and sound :) Enjoy the rest of your summer together!!!
I'm really glad Chris made it back safely. You are such a strong women. I hope I can handle a situation like this half as well as you handled everything. You are amazing
wow- he is a changed man... just look at him all posing for pictures! i too cried... so glad to see you all together. i love the picture of chris with hudson- priceless. we love you guys! em
(i'm sure lynnett loves you too... since i'm logged in as her name! woops.)
I am so happy for you. I know the feeling of being reunited as a family. Chris has been in our prayers and I hope now you will have time to enjoy your new addition together.
So glad he made it home safely. The pictures are awesome of all of you together again. The girls look so happy. It is so crazy how sad kids are when dad is gone but then as soon as he gets back their glow is immediately back. They definitely recover faster then moms I think. When Cliff gets back I get antsy with the mess he brings back with him. :-) So happy for all of you. Now wish me luck with Cliff leaving in a couple months..hehe.
That is so sweet Sarah. The kids are SO cute. It's sad to have seen them grow when they were younger and now not know them at all! They are getting so big. I hope you are doing ok and feeling back to "normal" since all of your pregnancy drama! He was worth it. So adorable.
Post a Comment