Tuesday, July 22, 2008

15 minutes of fame

Last Saturday we went to Sea World and Kailey got to go up and be the kid in the Shamu Show. I was a little nervous for her because the stadium was a packed house. To my amazement, she did an outstanding job even though the trainers kept calling her Katie. She gets called Katie so much, I guess she has learned just to ignore it and pretend like they all calling her the correct name. After the show we all got to go to the back tank and meet the trainers and Shamu (aka Kai). We all got to see what the whale felt like and learn a little about him. It was such a neat experience. One I am sure the girls will always remember.








11 comments:

WendyandRyan said...

She looks like she had a lot of fun!! Lucky for the rest of y'all that she got picked so you could see the whale too!!

KatieB said...

so fun! look at you braving sea world with a new baby! we had season passes last summer when izzy was a newborn and i always dreaded going because she always seemed to have diaper blowouts or needed to nurse during a show/in public... oh the joys of motherhood!

Nicole Howard said...

That is so awesome!! I can't wait to see the video. Way to go Katie...I mean Kailey!!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

That is So AWESOME!!! One of our friends got to that when we were with them but we didn't get to go backstage - that must be new. So fun for Kailey and all of you. What did she say she wanted to be when she grew up???

Marisa said...

How exciting for her, I'm sure she will always remember it! I know I've said this before, but she looks SO cute in those glasses!

Selena said...

WoHoo! And we know this cute girl! Way to go Kailey!

Abbey said...

That is so cool. Good job Kailey!

emily said...

ok so you're breaking the 2 month rule.... out and about at sea world??? you're making me look bad!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

em wasn't it 3 months;)

Darice Auston said...

Ok, so we practically grew up at Sea World in San Diego and I never got picked to do that. I'm so jealous! I'll have to talk to "Katie" on the phone and ask her how it felt to live my dream :-)

val said...

so jealous, I always wanted to be that girl and NEVER got picked. She is like a celebrity!