Wednesday, February 06, 2008

READY OR NOT, HERE I GO AGAIN

In preparing for Chris' upcoming deployment, we have been going through a lot of stuff in the house. We have gotten rid of things that we didn't need anymore and so on. While going through papers, I found this list from a few years ago when Chris deployed to Iraq. Kailey was 21/2 and Alyssa was just a few months shy of 1 (10 months). Needless to say after reading over this list of things that happened while Chris was deployed, I have to ask myself if I am ready to do it all over again in a few weeks. You be the judge. Here is the list:
10/31/04-Chris Deploys
10/31/04-Alyssa stands on her own
10/311/04-Show up 1 hour early for church because I fail to acknowledge the time change. So instead of being their at 8:45 for 9:00 service, I show up at 7:45!
11/04/04-Kailey and Emma Rehrer were jumping on Emma's bed and Kailey cuts her left eyelid open on the corner of the bed. We have to go to the emergency room where Kailey receives 4 stitches
11/09/04-Kailey gets her stitches out!
11/12/04-Kailey broke her cut open again while playing with Rowan(her cousin) in his kitchen.
11/15/04-Alyssa stans up in the middle of the room by herself
11/22/04-Kailey got into a BIG tub of Vaseline and got it all over herself, her room, her carpet, and all her toys. (Still today, we are dealing with the Vaseline in their play kitchen. We find a little every now and then on it!)
The icing on the cake
11/23/04-While Kailey was potty training, when she would go down for a nap I would put her training toilet in her room so that she didn't have any accidents. Alyssa got into Kailey's toilet, got a piece of poop, tried to eat it and then smeared it all over the room!!
11/24/04-Thanksgiving
12/1/04-Chris returns from Iraq. We had no clue. He surprised us while we were at the mall during a story time. The problem is that I had no idea he was coming home, so the house was a complete disaster, and if you know Chris, you know that doesn't go over too well with him. Next time Emily, trick me into cleaning before he comes home!
So what do you think. Yes the girls are a little bit older now, but I can't help but wonder what they have in store for me during the next 4-6 months! Not to mention I have to add another family member during this time. All I can say is wish me luck!

9 comments:

Abbey said...

You will do great. I'm here if you ever need anything. It will be hard, but when you look back on it you will see how strong you really are.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am sorry Chris is being deployed while you are pregnant. Will your family be able to help you?

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

My mom will be coming out for the birth. I have friends out here though that I know I can lean on like family if i need to.

Kate said...

Reading the 'list' made me sad for you to have so much on your plate while Chris is gone. Sounds like you have good friends there though, thank goodness for friends. I remember sitting behind you when Chris walked into the mall that day ... what a surprise! I think everyone was teary-eyed.

Nicole Howard said...

Lean on me, when you're not strong, I'll be friend, I'll help you carry on...lalalalalala.

emily said...

haven't forgiven me for that yet, have you??! you know i just have to keep my rep up! i loved the list- thanks to kailey's accident no one can jump on that bed anymore without hearing emma say 'NO!! you'll cut your eye like my friend kailey!'
you're a strong girl sarah... you can do this.

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

Okay I didn't post that so you guys would all feel sorry for me. I thought it was pretty funny. I know we will be fine. Yes, it sucks that he is leaving, but it is only for 4-6 months. I have done it before, and hope and pray that I will be able to do it again. So bottom line is don't feel sorry for me, join me in finding humor in the situation.

KatieB said...

hey, you'll have to come visit us and we'll come visit you!

Kate said...

Okay, if you think it is funny, then I'll laugh with you. I guess better to laugh than have a breakdown, right?! I am excited for some entertaining posts in the near future! You are amazingly strong!