Friday, June 13, 2008

Meet our newest little Texan!


Hudson 2 days old
A 2 week stay in the hospital on bedrest, a c-section, and a few day stay in the NICU later, Hudson finally arrived and we are now all home happy and healthy.
Hudson Auston was born on June 9th and weighed 6 lbs. 12.8 oz and measured 19 inches in lengh.
On the 25th of May I ended up on bedrest in the hospital. On the 3rd of June they did an amnio to test his lungs to see if he was ready to come join the world. After the test came back that his lungs were immature, I found myself still in the hospital for another week waiting for my 37 week milestone. On Monday June 9th, the Dr.'s decided that it would be safe enough to take Hudson, so that morning they proceeded with a c-section. He was born at 11:13 and was having difficulty finding a normal breathing pattern. He found himself having to be admitted into the NICU, and on oxygen, but later that night he was taken off the oxygen and able to breath on his own. On Tuesday night, Hudson was finally realeased from the NICU and by Wednesday we were sent home. Things are going really well. The girls are adjusting well to having a new baby brother and loving every minute with him. He is healthy and adjusting to life as well. As for me, I am a little sore from the c-section but surviving only because I have my mom here, and hoping Chris can make it home soon to meet the new little guy!!

In the NICU just hours after his birth

The first time we met

Kailey and Hudson's first meeting

Alyssa getting to met her brother

Hudson on his way home

21 comments:

emily said...

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES!!! i guess i should have given you a break and stopped pestering you for pictures since you have been busy...
He is a cute little guy. I can see Alyssa and Chris for sure in him. You look great in that picture by the way. So glad you all are back home together again- and you are out of that hospital! Can't wait to meet the little guy one day. You're one strong girl sarah! We miss you and love you all. em, b, emma, boo and mags.

Nanci said...

He is adorable. Glad to hear that you have your mom to help out.

Chrissy said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad that he's here safe and sound. You look so great, as you could see from my blog no hospital pictures of me to share! I can really see the girls in him. What a cutie! I hope you can get some rest and enjoy being back home again!

Nicole Howard said...

He is a cutie! Glad you are doing better. I haven't called because I don't want to disturb you...but remember I am bringing dinner tomorrow night...around 5.

Nicole Howard said...

Oh and these pictures don't do justice to how small he is....so precious.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

What a darling little baby boy, and what a great name! I am so glad you are feeling well. I am sure you are glad not be pregnant anymore. Congratulations!

Rachel said...

He is darling! For being on the small side in size he sure looks healthy. Your beautiful too!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Congrats!!! I'm sorry about the trouble to get him here - but he sure is worth it. What a sweet angel!!! I wish I was there to help you and hold your precious son. WE love and miss you and our prayers are with you and Chris.

Selena said...

Yep, he's a Seymour! What a cute little man...we're so glad that you guys are all home and healthy again! You look great for being a hosiptal diva too, btw! Congrats!

Leah said...

Sarah, He's such a cute little guy! I'm glad that he made it here safely. Sorry Chris had to miss his birth. I hope he makes it home soon. I love the name, btw. Hope your feeling better soon.

Abbey said...

He is so cute. You are an amazing mom, he is really lucky.

val said...

I dont know how you did it-your amazing. And Hudson is adorable-looks so much like Chris

amanda said...

How adorable! Congrats- and glad you are all doing well!

KatieB said...

you both look fabulous! sorry you had to endure such drama! i'm so glad the outcome was so positive though and now you are both home. thank goodness your mom is there to help. good luck to life with three! alyssa sure has diapering that doll down, maybe she could give hudson a try and you'd catch a break :)

Kate said...

Hudson is adorable Sarah! Congrats! Glad you are home now and that everyone is doing well.

WendyandRyan said...

Hey Sarah!! I am so glad you are both home and doing well!! Hudson looks just like Chris!! I wish I was there to help you out but I'm glad your mom is there and hopefully Chris will be back soon! Love you!!

Darice Auston said...

He definitely looks like a little Seymour, but so did Kailey and now she looks the most like you. Glad mom and Beth could be there to help. Wish I could have done more--if only you hadn't moved away :-)

Marisa said...

Wow, congratulations! Sorry that you had to go through so much, especially without Chris, but I'm so glad he made it safe and sound, he's beautiful and so are you!

Deon said...

Congratulations!!! He is so sweet, and you and the girls all look so beautiful and happy. Prayers to you all!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! He is such a cutie and you look great!! Hope Chris gets to meet him in person soon!!

The Graves Family said...

Congrats! What a sweet baby. I hope you get plenty of rest with family around to help. Best Wishes - The Graves