Today Kailey did her second 1/2 mile run. She did this run last year and really enjoyed it, so when it came around again I thought that she would want to do it again. When I brought it up, she didn't even hesitate and said that she did. Well this morning rolled around and when we got to the track we had a sudden change of heart. She all of a sudden got really sad, started to cry and refused to participate in warm up and stretching. When it came time for the run to start, she just sat there while all of the other kids took off. I began to walk with her, but quickly became frustrated when her crying just got louder and louder. Thank goodness for for my friend Nicole who took Kailey's hand and proceeded to walk with her. After about 1/2 a lap, Kailey switched gears and finished the race with a smile. She ended up really enjoying the experience and says that she will be up to do it again next year.

Kailey, Alyssa and the Howard/Lamont kids before the race

Kailey during warm-ups

Kailey making a turn around mid-race

Kailey just about to complete the 1/2 mile!!!
6 comments:
Good job finishing Kailey!! I'm proud of you! We are back in town, I will call today!!
darn... thought we'd see you running around the track as well! oh wait-bad idea. you're not allowed! so glad she decided to do it. yeah kailey!!
I'm bummed we didn't go. I'm glad Kailey finished the race. I rarely see her uset...little stinker!
That is so awesome. I just did a 10K for fun and then all the kids did a one mile, but of course walking fast.
Good for her! Go Kailey!
shes beautiful-and we can never forget us girls are emotional!
Post a Comment