
So we have about a 20 minute drive every morning, Monday thru Friday to get Kailey to school. Everyday seems to bring great conversations with the girls. Today I thought I would share a little bit about how our conversation went.
Kailey: Mom, we get presents during Christmas because the 3 Wise Men brought Jesus gifts. It was gold...something else......and um something else. Right Mom???
Alyssa: No Kailey, we get present because we were either bad or good.
Mom: Well uhhh...Kailey you are right...and Alyssa, well I guess you are right as well, but do you remember the real reason for celebrating Christmas??
Kailey: Yes, we are celebrating Jesus' birth.
Alyssa: And Santa!
So I guess I haven't completely failed on teaching my kids the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it, but apparently Alyssa missed a few of those conversations!
5 comments:
that is just great!! what wonderful girls they are!! and they are both right - I also like your nativity picture.
okay...great story....but where are the pics of kailey's haircut??? :)
cute story.
once upon a time there was a mean mommy that took back all the presents because her child was bad and opened some gifts early.
whoever would do such a mean thing??? your a BR..I didn't finish it so i guess you can't be mad now!
Post a Comment