Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Kailey!

At first I thought that Kailey was going to miss out on a birthday this year because of Chris being gone and me pretty close to bedrest. Boy was I wrong. She didn't have the birthday party that she wanted, but instead she got a weekend full of birthday celebration. It started on Friday with a few friends coming over and going to the pool with us. We followed that with cake and ice cream. Then on Saturday we spent the morning at the movies, followed by a friends birthday party, and then the night ended with our neighbors taking her out to Ihop (her choice) for a birthday dinner. After dinner we celebrated with some more cake. On Sunday, which was her actual birthday, we spent the morning talking to Chris and other family members, opening gifts, going to church, and opening yet another present with our neighbors followed by some cupcakes. Monday rolled along, and the celebrations were still ongoing. She got to wear a birthday hat all day at school, and at the end of the day we brought in some cupcakes to share with the class. Needless to say, I think her birthday was one of the most celebrated ones ever. Happy Birthday Kailey. We love you.



9 comments:

emily said...

happy birthday kk! we miss you SOOOO much! wish we were there to celebrate with you!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

What a fun weekend! Happy Birthday! BTW...I love the green walls in your kitchen. I hope you are feeling okay.

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like you are getting ready. Looks like you are having a lot of fun to.

Nicole Howard said...

Man...who are those WHITE kids? Happy B-day Kailey!!

WendyandRyan said...

Happy Birthday Kailey!! With Bret's wedding last weekend, I've been out of sorts! I can't believe I missed it!! I'm glad to hear she had a great weekend!! Give her a hug and kiss for me please!!

Darice Auston said...

I miss birthday parties at your house with kids on the floor eating pizza, Rowan throwing up in the trash can, Kailey left at the table still eating cake while everyone else has gone off to play. Those were the days. PS--love the flower in the hair K!

Abbey said...

I'm glad she had such a great weekend. Now sit and rest for a while before I come make you!

Selena said...

Happy Birthday Kailey! Wow, 6 years old...doesn't your mommy feel old ;). So happy you had such a fun celebration weekend! Wish we could have gones swimming with you!

Jeremy and Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Kailey!!!Aurora's was on Monday and her birthday started on Sat and went til Tuesday - WE're so glad that you had a great weekend!!!