Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Are you kidding me???

I don't know if you remember or not, but right before Chris left I posted a blog about things that took place during his previous deployment. Well, I can officially say that Kailey really out did herself from the last time he was gone. It all started this past Saturday. We had a busy morning with a soccer game, which was followed by a trip to the park for an "end of soccer season" pizza party. Upon our return home, I told the girls that we were all going to take a nap. Alyssa, who loves her sleep, gladly laid down in her bed. Kailey was a whole different story. She fought every minute of the nap, eventually finding herself having to lay downstairs on the floor next to me until nap time was over. The weekend continued pretty uneventful.
Then, Monday came along. While picking up the playroom, I realized that the pillows on the couch were laying down flat on the cushions. This was not a surprise because the girls often play and jump on this couch. It is the only one in the house that they are allowed to do that to. Well while straightening up, I decided that the pillows needed to be moved upright. Boy was I in for a surprise. When I lifted the pillows up, this is what I found;
Of course, it said Alyssa, so I called for Alyssa just to see her come over to me looking just a shocked as I was and saying, "Who did that Mommy?" Okay so obviously it wasn't Alyssa. Kailey really was lucky that she was at school at that moment in time. When she got home that afternoon, I showed it to her and asked her if she knew who did it. Her response, "I did it, but I wrote Alyssa so that she would get in trouble." I couldn't believe that the girl plotted so well that she even wrote Alyssa to make it look like Alyssa's writing. Wow, pretty mischievous, but clever. This wonderful event took place while she was upstairs on Saturday supposedly taking a nap. Needless to say Kailey and I had a lot to talk about. She is SOOOOOOOOO lucky the black marker came out in the wash. I don't think that she will be doing that again!!!!
What do they have in store for me next??

5 comments:

Leah said...

Hey Sarah,
I'm so glad you found us. Where in Texas are you guys? We are actually leaving Ft. Bragg in a few months for Germany. Your girls are too cute. The last time we saw you guys Kailey was a baby! Do you know what you are having? Definitely keep in touch.

Nicole Howard said...

That is pretty funny. Sorry.

Abbey said...

She's a clever little girl!

emily said...

kailey, kailey, kailey... she's a smart little bugger! poor alyssa! so the fun begins... deployment part two!

WendyandRyan said...

i can't even imagine sweet little kailey doing that! poor alyssa!! at least she was honest about it!