Friday, May 18, 2007

Out of the Mouth of Babes


Today, Kailey and I were working on a Solar System shrinky dink project. I was explaining to her how when she had completed coloring her project, we were going to put it in the oven and it would shrink down to become really tiny. Alyssa was sitting with us, coloring in her coloring book. When she heard that Kailey's project was going to shrink down, she proclaimed, "It is going to shrink down really tiny Mom like this." She was holding her thumb and index finger together. I told her that it wasn't going to be that small, but it would be small. Her response was, "I was that tiny once, right Mom?" I said, "Yes, when you were in my tummy, you were that small once." Then, she proceeded to tell me that she got into my tummy becuase I drank her down there, and that is how Kailey got there too. I just laughed. If it were only that easy, I think we all would have a lot more kids!

3 comments:

emily said...

sarah- i think you're forgetting that 'getting the baby in there' is easy, it's getting it out that's the hard part! maybe they have a drink for that one...

Selena said...

if they had a drink for that one, THEN we'd all have a lot more kids I'm sure of it ;)

KatieB said...

please, please say they have a drink for that one! i've got 4 weeks left!