Tuesday, April 03, 2007

NO TRAINING WHEELS!!!


On Saturday Kailey was outside riding her bike around the cul-de-sac. As I was sitting there watching her, I was listening for the sound of her training wheels. When I realized that the only time I was hearing the training wheels was when she was turning corners I came up with the idea of taking the training wheels off. As I was taking them off, I sat there realizing that I better get my running shoes on. I was sure I was going to be running around the cul-de-sac with Kailey having to hold on to the back of her bike while she learned the art of balancing. Much to my surprise, after I took the training wheels off, Kailey got on her bike and took off. She started riding around and around without any help at all. She was really proud of herself. We were all so excited for her. Kailey rode back over to where I was a says, "I thought in my noggin that I could do it, and I did!"

3 comments:

KatieB said...

I'm so glad that noggin is working out for her. It sounds like she's adopted the Texas vernacular pretty well!

Chrissy said...

Way to go Kailey! What a big girl!

Selena said...

Wow! what a big girl! I'm not sure if Brayden will ever get to that point...he'd WAY rather run (crazy kid) AND it's way hilly around our area...not the best place to learn, but I digress. YAY Kailey!