Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Frankie


The other weekend, Chris and the girls were sitting outside when a stay dog, which we had seen behind our house roaming around the week prior, came to the front of the houses and kept getting closer to Chris. The dog looked really skinny and hungry, so we called animal control to come get it. Since it was a Sunday, they said that they couldn't make it until Monday. They asked us to give it food, so we gave it some of our neighbors cat food (which dogs really seem to like) and got it to go in our backyard. They girls were really excited that we had a dog. Of course, since we didn't know anything about the dog, we kept the girls away for the it. They still managed to fall in love with the dog and named it Frankie. Needless to say, Monday came and went, and Animal Control never showed up. Finally, Tuesday morning came along and Animal Control finally came to pick up the dog. I had become more attached to the dog than I thought I would, and as soon as the dog, "Frankie, " left I found myself inside the house crying. I don't know why I cried. I am the one in the family that says we can't have a dog, but for some reason I was really sad when the dog left. Now that Chris saw my weak side, I hope he doesn't get any crazy ideas and show up with a puppy because I will not hesitate getting rid of it! I promise, even through I shed tears when it came to Frankie, I know I don't want a dog.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm just like you with three people against me. Ella wants a dog so bad! She now thinks when we move into a bigger house with a yard she'll get one because that's why she can't have one now. Chloe's first word after mom and dad was dog and Eric has loved dogs all his life! I'm in trouble!

WendyandRyan said...

Sarah, get the girls a dog!!! They always loved ours!! They will have so much fun with it!!