Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Huge *** Snake!
Today as the girls and I came home from a play date, I proceeded to go upstairs and put Alyssa down for a nap. I then came down the stairs, went into the kitchen, looked out my patio door and, "AHHHHHHH!" There right outside our patio door slithered a rattle snake. This snake was bigger than any snake I have ever encountered. Growing up in San Diego, I thought that I was ready for the rattle snake encounters that I would have while being down here in Texas. Can I just say what you have heard about Texas is true. "Everything is bigger in Texas." After pulling about every bad word out of the dictionary, (sorry Darice), I called Chris at work. He hurried home, grabbed our neighbor, who had a shotgun, grabbed a golf club a proceeded out to the back yard to engage in a war with this unwelcome guest. At that point, I don't know what scared me more, the Rattle Snake or Chris and my neighbor with a shotgun and a golf club. Needless to say, their hunt came up empty handed and Chris' dream of a new belt will have to wait for the next time. Now I just sit and wait for the unwelcome patio sun tanner to return for a warm bask in the sun! 


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Are you using a telephoto lense or just up that close? I would love to see Chris is a snake skin belt!
The snake was really that close. Kailey was freaking out. She wanted me to make sure that the door was locked because it was right outside the patio door.
i cannot believe that snake!!! i love the golf club and shot gun strategy... it's deja vu of chad and cody killing the squirrels in our attic with a bb gun...
Nice Katie, never heard about that one, but I would have paid to see it.
How scary!! Looks like it was trying to get in the house! The picture gives me the willies!! We miss you guys so much!!! Hopefully we will be able to come in the summer/fall!!
Whoa! Scary! I'd have paid to see Chris trying to attack it with a gun and a golf club though...as long as I was safely behind some strong glass windows :)
I was trying to watch the attack as well, but you better believe that I was inside. You couldn't pay me enough to go outside to watch. I hear those thing are pretty fast. By the way Brandon, we found a belt buckle for you yesterday(Hehe)!
The picture of it under Kailey's Jeep looks like she's running it over! That's four wheeling in Texas!
Post a Comment