Sunday, April 22, 2007

5 Alive



We celebrated Kailey's 5th birthday the other day. She was so excited when she woke up the morning of her birthday. When she got up, she came into my bedroom and said, "Look at my arm Mom, look how long it has gotten. I think it grew last night now that I am 5. Look how tall I am also." Then she proceeded to ask me to take her into the bathroom to weigh her because she was certain she was going to weigh more than the day before. Kailey also wanted to make sure that her whole family sang happy birthday to her. When we were in the car the night of her birthday, Kailey pointed out to her dad that he had not sung happy birthday to her. As a result, the whole family had to break out singing happy birthday.
The following day we had a party for Kailey, which turned out to be pure chaos. Kailey really seemed to enjoy herself though, so it made it worth all the hard work.



4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday Kailey! Sarah, I can't believe how much she looks like you in that first picture! Cute cake by the way!

Selena said...

Happy Birthday Kay Kay!! Man can't believe she's five already. Can't believe I forgot too, (duh!!!)
Nice job with the cake!

Darice Auston said...

Funny, that cake looks suspiciously like the one I did for Olivia and then for Scout. I was about to call you out about it, but then remembered that you weren't around for those celebrations--I guess great minds think alike. Just like our DL photos, entertainment center, shoes, etc.

WendyandRyan said...

Hey girl! We have stuff for Kailey but I haven't gotten around to the post office yet! Yes, I am sad! I will try and get it out this week though!